A Compelling Invitation from the Radix Board
Somewhere there’s a giant filing cabinet up in the sky holding all the memories of all time, even the forgotten ones. There’s a folder of yours in there; with a thick, 25 year-old Radix file enabling you to relive the time you:
• Came out of Fever and felt re-born
• Stared at three girls in bed at IKEA during The Swedish Play
• Wore a yellow garbage bag for The Sniffy the Rat Bus Tour, your “performance art smock”
• Watched Kendra Fanconi pour two containers of sugar into her coffee in Box
• Confessed to Emelia Symington Fedy in Assembly that you also turned around to look after going to the bathroom
• Were scared stiff in Bewildered when the car raced into the parkade
• Felt like you’d been to Chernobyl after Billy Marchenski and Alison Denham’s Slowpoke account of their trip to The Exclusion Zone
• Had tears in your eyes in The Death Trap when Jay Hirabayashi danced his Death Dance just for you
With 25 unforgettable years of innovative performance events in Radix Theatre’s repertoire, we’re now working on the next memory-making event: TBD. Inspired by The Tibetan Book of the Dead, TBD will have no venue. Instead, the show is brought to you personally, subtly, sometimes invisibly, as Radix intervenes in your life with a variety of art experiences over the course of 49 days. Many of the TBD interventions will leave you wondering was that life, or was that Radix? More to come in the spring of 2014.
From the Radix Board
To help us realize this next show, the Radix board has ponied up with a compelling invitation, some might call it a challenge, guaranteeing up to $5,000 in matching funds. For every dollar you kick in, the board will kick in another. That’s a pretty good plan to keep your Radix memory machine going. Will you support Radix Theatre with a donation today?
Life and theatre are twins separated at birth. And at Radix we’re constantly mixing the two up. Come, play with us, make memories with us.